Yoga is a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, including breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation.
There are different forms of yoga which offer numerous health benefits. Some of the noteworthy forms of yoga pose or asana are:
Shirshasana – (Headstand Pose):
This yoga pose helps in improving brain functions.
- Improves concentrationpowers, mental balance and memory.
- Cures liver disease, poor blood circulation, headache, insomnia and spinal problems.
Halasana (Plough Pose):
Halasana is also known as Plough pose which strengthens your back muscles and gives flexibility.
- It cures indigestion and constipation.
- It stimulates the abdominal organs.
- It also helps to make spinal cord strong and flexible.
- Diabetic patients also benefit from it.
- It cures the symptoms of menopause.
ArdhaHalasana (Half Plough Pose): Half Plough Pose is similar to Uttanpadasana which is good for improving the functions of abdominal organs
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose):
- It stimulates abdominal organs very fast and cures constipation and indigestion.
- It also reduces belly fats and tones the thigh and hip muscles.
- It cures stomach disorders and improves digestion, appetite, removes gases.
- It is useful to cure arthritis and lumbar spondylitis.
This yoga pose gives excellent result for those who want to lose weight.
- This pose improves the function of your liver, kidney, pancreas and gall bladder.
- It cures insomnia (sleeping disorder),
- It cures spine problems,
- It is useful if you are suffering from liver disease, indigestion and constipation.
- It gives good results for headache and poor blood circulation.
Pavanarmuktasana (Wind Removing Pose):
Pavanamuktasana is really effective in removing gases from your stomach and improving the digestive system.
- This asana is very good for all the abdominal organs; it also cures acidity.
- It helps to reduce fat.
- It strengthens back muscle and cures back pain.
Uttanapadasana (The Raised-leg Pose):
Uttanapadasana, the raised leg pose is beneficial, if you have back pain and stomach disorder.
- It is good for strengthening the abdominal muscles.
- It is useful in curing gas and heart problems.
- It helps in curing your arthritic, waist and back pain.
Matsyendrasana (Half Twist Yoga Pose):
Ardhamatsyendrasana increases oxygen supply to the lungs and increases the flexibility and the functions of vertebrae of the spine.
- It stretches the back muscles and spine and releases stiffness of hip joints.
- It is one of the best yogasanas which is helpful in the treatment of diabetes,
- It helps in curing your spinal problems, cervical spondylitis and urinary tract disorders.
Ushtrasana (Camel Pose):
While performing this yoga pose, your body looks like the shape of camel and so it is called as Ushtrasana.
- This asana is especially good for back and neck problem,
- It helps in relaxing mind, blood circulation and reduces abdominal fat.
- It is beneficial for asthma patient.
Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand Pose):
This asana strengthens and cures back pain, improves resistance power of the body.
- It helps to keep your face bright and removes dark circles.
- It cures your sleeping disorders.
- It helps in weight loss when practiced on a regular basis.
- It also improves blood circulations and restores proper functioning of the pancreas.
Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose):
This yoga pose looks like a soldier in the position of war. So it is called as Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose).
- It is an excellent exercise for pregnant women.
- It gives flexibility to the entire body and strengthens the legs, arms, lower back and tones the lower body.
- It helps in increasing the stamina, concentration power and balance of your body.
- It relieves you from menstrual pain.
Naukasana (Boat Yoga Pose):
This asana is called boat yoga pose.
- Basically naukasana helps to strengthen the lungs, liver and pancreas.
- It helps to increase the circulation of blood and maintain the sugar level.
- It strengthens the muscles of thigh, hips, necks and shoulder and helps in reducing belly fats.
- It improves the functions of kidney, thyroids and prostate glands.
Vajrasana (Diamond Pose):
Vajrasana is the simplest of all the asanas of yoga which can be practised after lunch or dinner.
- This yoga pose calms the mind.
- It cures constipation, stomach disorder, acidity, and increases digestion process.
- This asana acts as a pain killer for arthritis patients.
Marjariasana (Cat Pose):
This cat pose yoga is an excellent stretch in yoga workout.
- It produces flexibility in your spine and releases you from back pain.
- It improves your blood circulation and digestion power.
- It is one of the best yoga postures and also tones your abdomen and relaxes your mind.
Uttitha Hasta Padangusthasana (Extended Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose):
This yoga pose is good for stretching the body parts but you should not stretch beyond your capacity.
- This asana gives a good massage to your spine, lower back, hips, legs & hands.
Paschimottanasana (Forward Bend Pose):
Paschimauttana asana covers the stretching of the whole body from your head to heels.
Different forms of yoga
- This yoga pose is recommended especially for women after delivery to reduce belly fat and toning the abdominal pelvic organs.
- It strengthens the back muscles as well as is very useful for increasing height.
- It stretches the spine and brings more flexibility to your body.
can do wonders to your body and mind if practiced sincerely every day with a lot of dedication.